Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Help me in smps fet blown up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
ei33 flyback 3842

Here is a better way to get the P/S working. Connect the transistor and the pot as shown. Adjust the pot so that the wiper is connected to GND. This will ensure the voltage at pin 1 is about 0.6 volts and the duty-cycle is at minimum. With most UC3842s it will be actually 0%, so there will not be any drive pulses.

Start up the IC like I said earlier, using a lab supply, set initially to 18V. When the IC starts up (monitor pin 8 to see when it goes to 5V or monitor the oscillator on pin 4 to see when it oscillates), reduce the supply voltage to 12V.

Now slowly adjust the pot until you have just some narrow drive pulses to the MOSFET. Record the drain waveform and post it.
By adjusting the pot you effectively adjust the output voltage. Go slowly and see what happens. Stop if the voltage goes much above 14V.
Monitor the bias voltage, too, and see how it changes and how high it gets.

If the loop is alive and working properly, at some point you will see that the voltage no longer increases as you adjust the pot, because the loop has taken over and it's now regulating.
This should be the safest method to power up your supply without risking anything.

Caution, though: the pot is on the mains side, so be careful. An isolation transformer would be highly recommended to power the primary.

Let me know how it goes and try to post waveforms of the voltages on all the windings (before the diodes). This is really important.

how smps ups works

Dear VVV,
Thank You for ur guidance it was really very valuable for me. Now I'll try as u told me to do. And soon give u result . Tkanx again............

Status
Not open for further replies.