Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLEASE HELP IN MICROSTRIP SQUARE SPIRAL IN CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxs657

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to make square spiral in matlab

hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me.I am building a square microstrip antenna operating in the 1-3GHz bandwidth.i have simulated multiple versions in CST but all my results for the s-parameters are wrong.i have looked everywhere but cant seem to find any help especially on how to come up with dimensions so i just made some up...maybe that might be the problem...please any help would be appreciated thanks in advance..

cst ไมโครสตริป

Hi,
so microstrip antenna have only one S-parametr, S11. Matching is micr.ant. is not so easy problem. You must use some of kind in the picture (for example) and find optimal design, but CST is not exactly the best software for this optimalization - long time, but you can use it. In the left column - 1D result - Smith Chart - and in the right coner is impedation, you must see 50 Ohm, so S11 will be good.

may be you can use Balanis - Antenna Theory (https://www.amazon.com/Antenna-Theory-Analysis-Design-2nd/dp/0471592684) - I think, that is the best book on antenna

or may be can use Matlab : **broken link removed**

or www.google.com :)

I hope, that you understand me, and I helped you

square spiral microstrip antenna

btw your title is PLEASE HELP IN MICROSTRIP SQUARE SPIRAL IN CST, but in the article you are use only square microstrip, so I don´t know what do you exactly mean.....

a square spiral microstrip antenna

oh sorry i meant a square spiral microstrip...basically a spiral but a square shape instead of circular...which is why its been so hard for me to make..especially on how to come up with dimensions...i have already checked the balanis textbook but it wasnt much help...

cst spiral

May be this ? (attachment)

microstip square

thank you for that...but unfortunately i have already tried to simulate it and the results are still wrong..i will attach it now...maybe you can take a look at it..thanks so much for your help so far....actually it seems i cant upload it..i can seend you pictures of the return loss tho...

square spiral matlab

OK, try send me your project.
I don´t know if you know, but sufficient is only two file - model.mod and model.par, is in folder .../model/3D/ . model.mod is icon with arrow. If I will find a time, I will look at it.

Added after 2 minutes:

P.S.: picture must be *.jpg :idea: :D , *.bmp can´t send in attachment

microstrip square

i tried again its still not sending...:cry:..says the extension mod not allowed...*sigh*

Added after 21 minutes:

maybe i can send it to your email instead:?:

what does a square spiral look like

hi..im new here..im also working on microstrip suare spiral..its so hard to understand...
can i learn something from ox657?
how was ur project..r u done already

kaandee said:
hi mauloftin

I have also designed square spiral antenna using CST MWS 2009.
Result for S11 VS frequency is not matched with sample paper.
plz help me why these result is different from original one. i have attached model and sample paper.
thank you

hmm, sorry, I can not find a mistake. I do not know where is the problem :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back