Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help in making Quadrotor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gccute

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I am making a quad rotor...i am stuck with what micro controller to choose and how to go about it..please guide

Thanks in advance..

You can use any uC. It should have One external interrupt input pin, 12 digital I/O pins for motors. 3 wires for each motor.

Last edited:

If you control the speed of motors using PWM then you need PWM channels. I think 887 has 2 PWM channels but if all the 4 motors maintain same speed then you can use one or both PWM channels to control the speed, but if you need to have different speed for each motor then you need 4 PWM channels.

If PWM is needed then depending upon no. of PWM channels you need to decide the uC.

If you control the speed of motors using PWM then you need PWM channels. I think 887 has 2 PWM channels but if all the 4 motors maintain same speed then you can use one or both PWM channels to control the speed, but if you need to have different speed for each motor then you need 4 PWM channels.

If PWM is needed then depending upon no. of PWM channels you need to decide the uC.

so how many motors can i control with one channel??

It depends on whether you have a condition where the 4 motors run at different speeds. If yes, you need 4 PWM channels. If all motors maintain same speed all the time then one or two PWM channels is enough.

See the Fanout for the uC digital i/o pin. See how many digital inputs your one uC digital output pin can drive.

If you use Google you can find a lots of projects see this:

http://www.starlino.com/quadcopter_acc_gyro.html

My thinking about this, minimum PIC18 family (for example PIC18F46K22) or any other relevant newer faster uC, and look to use SMD parts, TQFP package.

Be careful with this toys, they can kill or seriously hurt !!!.

Best regards,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.