Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please expain to me why DLL has no jitter accumulation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhangjavier

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
jitter accumulation

thanks

jitter accumulation vco

Because DLL has clock input, it is just a delay element for the input clock. It will resynchronized to input and jitter accumulation will be reset.

PLL do not has input clock, it generate its own clock from VCO. Hence, jitter will be accumulated.

clock jitter accumulation

sengyee88 said:
Because DLL has clock input, it is just a delay element for the input clock. It will resynchronized to input and jitter accumulation will be reset.

PLL do not has input clock, it generate its own clock from VCO. Hence, jitter will be accumulated.

i will start to design PLL, could you show me some useful books about analog PLL? thanks !

even i need.. plz uplaod.. thanx!

Re: Please expain to me why DLL has no jitter accumulation..

liuyonggen_1 said:
sengyee88 said:

i will start to design PLL, could you show me some useful books about analog PLL? thanks !

Read Dean's book.. you can download it for free from National website..

Regards,
Ahmad,

i think it's from the nature of the VCO , which is a integrator or accumulator

Khouly

Hi sengyee88

I sort of do not understand. PLL is synchronized with a clean external clock and it is a closed loop system, so the jitter should be reset somehow finally. Did I get the wrong message?

sengyee88 said:

I'm not clear, if it is not freerun, PLL also have reference input clock, clock_gen will lock with clock_ref, why jitter be accumulated?

Read Dean's book.. you can download it for free from National website..

Regards,
Ahmad,

Hi.
Can you tell me what is the name of the Deam's book?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back