Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLEASE ADVICE... How wise is it to pursue a VLSI course now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OO7

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cdac pune vlsi

Dears,

I had completed my Electronics & Communication graduation in 2002. Presently I am in IT support field and seems to go nowhere as far as my career is concerned.

I recently read that there is going to be a huge demand for VLSI experts in the coming years. Since I have an electronic background, I thought of doing a job-oriented course(PG Diploma) in Vlsi in some good institutions like vedaiit or TIIT.(Vedaiit site shows they have a 100% placement for last 5 years. I it true??)
I am not sure whetehr it is a wise choice at this stage of my life. Wil i be able to find a job if I spend some months studying vlsi?? i need advice.

I desperately wants to chnage this field and move to a better field that provides growth opportunities..

People who have real experiences in these field, please provide a sincere reply. DONT HESITATE TO REPLY..
THANX IN ADVANCE..

which is better cdac or sandeepani

I have some experience. I think if you are sick of your job, move. Study what you think you will be good at and you will not have a problem in finding a job.

However, it may be better if you go for a master's degree in VLSI instead of diploma.

vlsi course

Thanx hunter694.. ur words r encouraging..

But, My first aim is to find a job without much delay.. Diploma courses offered by these institutes seems to be job-oriented.(not sure how believable their claims are). Wouldn't it be better to pursue Masters after gining some solid experience.. Also I am 28 and cannot spend studying for 2 years without any job on hand..

Do u know naythinh about vedaiit or Tiit? Please share..

vlsi courses with job placement

there is C-Dac also which has gud placement records and few of my friends tried it already.

about vedaiit

My thoughts about VLSI. Very good feild. But not 9 to 5 job. Career involves constant learning.

pursue a good studying

Hi,
TTM and veda IIT are very god institutes.
even some other are sandeepani school of VLSI design and CDAC pune, even they have nice placements.but my dear friend make your choice intelligently because placement again depends upon ur performace which i am sure u will do.
but weigh all options and then go for it.

-regards
Manmohan

demand for vlsi

Bright future!

"I recently read that there is going to be a huge demand for VLSI experts in the coming years." I am not sure where did you find these information. for sure digital, analog, IC design can not go away. There should be much more future,but not for the beginner.

Re: PLEASE ADVICE... How wise is it to pursue a VLSI course

VLSI courses & expertise are highly recommended...

go for it man...

sure go for VLSI
sooooo wise
and u'll feel ur career is growing and u r highly demanded also

I am in the same boat....After slogging 4 years in college in ECE,i am have spent 2 years approx in creating database based web applications with java...but I feel vlsi will be more challenging in the long run,isn't it .

I too hear from time to time that there is great demand for people in VLSI. Thats why I want to do a shift this year.
Which institute is again a big question!!

unless u do in the good institutes, it wont help so much.....

as far as the salary is concerned both almsot will be same..

If u see career growth especailly, then go for VLSI courses....

all the best man.......

hi,
i'm doing my masters in electronic science at the univ of pune.. first of all i can tell you CDAC, Pune is a very good place to study and definitely has good placements...

secondly, my own dept houses something called ICIT..

www.icitonline.org

check it out too... they have decent placements too..

did i help?

regards,
wiztronix

Thanx to all....

So the majority thinks its OK to shift careers and it wudn't be such a difficult task to achieve a job in VLSI... But the question remains abt the institute..:?::?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back