Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

plc : programable logic controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohrsh

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
west coast logic controller

can someone explain about programming plcs(programable logic controller) ?
software needed and .....?

For all 3 posts of yours (microcntrollers, PLCs and Visiual Basic) you first should go GOOGLe...
You will find pages like this one:
**broken link removed**

Do you know what type of PLC you want use? There are numerous types but they all essentially program the same way. I use several different types in my daily work. If you want to use something that is inexpensive then I would suggest the TWIDO by Telemechanique (SQUARE-D) or the ZELIO by the same company. These are on the order of $200.00 or less (or more depending on I/O, etc.). The ZELIO has a nice feature of being able to be programmed either on the PC, and then trasnferring it to the PLC, or directly at the PLC. PLC's are programmed in several ways, and each vendor typically has their own 'flavor' or software. Some software is free, some have a cost. There are two basic types of programming language, LADDER LOGIC and GRAFCET. I would recommend learning ladder logic as it is the most easily understood for the beginner. Did you have a particular task in mind?

Do you know what type of PLC you want use? There are numerous types but they all essentially program the same way. I use several different types in my daily work. If you want to use something that is inexpensive then I would suggest the TWIDO by Telemechanique (SQUARE-D) or the ZELIO by the same company. These are on the order of $200.00 or less (or more depending on I/O, etc.). The ZELIO has a nice feature of being able to be programmed either on the PC, and then trasnferring it to the PLC, or directly at the PLC. PLC's are programmed in several ways, and each vendor typically has their own 'flavor' or software. Some software is free, some have a cost. There are two basic types of programming language, LADDER LOGIC and GRAFCET. I would recommend learning ladder logic as it is the most easily understood for the beginner. Did you have a particular task in mind?

Hi! I have Twido PLC but do not have cable for it. Do somebody have schematic cable for Twido? Help me please.

I only used a PLC onetime because I like more low level electronics/automation. It was a beckhoff touchpanel CP6605 I Think which was running Windows CE and used EtherCAT bus for automation purpose of a pump installation.

BECKHOFF New Automation Technology

Touchpanels cost a lot. I prefer using "Scada trase mode",modbus and PLC or PIC-micro.

last year i've used WINSPS software for programming PLCs, it is either Ladder Diagram/Logic, Instruction Lists, or Function Block Diagram...i think it was for Bosch....

last year i've used WINSPS software for programming PLCs, it is either Ladder Diagram/Logic, Instruction Lists, or Function Block Diagram...i think it was for Bosch....

software for programming PLc????8)

Status
Not open for further replies.