Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Playing and measuring audio at the same time in the same iOS device (MIC line)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leolib2004

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have an iOS app that currently plays audio that it is generated internally. What I want if to to somehow measure the sound output delivered by each channel and send it back through the microphone line electrically. I could send the same audio back and them measure it on iOS or maybe measure it with a uController and send "notifications" through the mic line.

Do you think that this is possible? Any ideas?

I have been seeing some optocouplers but I think I won't avoid having disturbances on the output line. I want to be able to listen to the music using headphones and measuring the volume at the same time.

Thank you!

Last edited:

It may be possible to do what you want, although you will need to try out a few programs.

From what I understand, manufacturers and software developers are in cooperation to make it hard for us to access video and audio signals. Something to do with copyright protection.

It is easy to adjust frequency response, etc., on outgoing audio. Is that what you want to do?

Or, it is easy to operate on audio disk files. Many people like a free digital sound processor called Audacity.

It is not so easy to intercept internal audio signals, and route them (as audio) back to the sound card, in real time. Such a program probably will cost money.

Thanks for your reply.

I can generate sounds internally on iOS. That isn't the problem. I am working using an iPod Touch. The idea is to measure the power of the generated signal, electrically, and send it back to the iOS across the Microphone line. The thing is that I don´t want to interfere with the audio output...

I have thought that maybe I could use something like a octocoupler for audio and a RMS to DC converter to check the power of the signal... Then, I could send tones to the Mic line which I have already done in another project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back