Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plane wave with parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vgv

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys.

I am building a reflectarray of dipoles with CST Microwave Studio 2009 and i'm trying to see some data for different orientations of a linearly polarized plane wave.

I defined the orientation of the plane wave like this.

X: SinD(K)
Y: CosD(K)

K is a parameter that i intend to sweep from 0 to 60 degrees.
But when i run the sweep, I get a message indicating that there are no valid excitation signals defined.

Do you guys have any idea of what might be going on?

Thanks a lot.

-vgv

Hi ,
I have the same project as you do .
My reflect array elements are microstrip patches ...
but up to now I only design my patches ...
Could you please give me some advice where to start for simulating my reflect array ?
I don't know how to excite it with planar waves and floquet modes ...
please !!!

Well, in order to simulate an incident plane wave on your array, what I usually do is placing a block of vacuum on top of my array (more precisely, on top of my single element; I simulate the array using periodic boundaries). After that is done all you have I do is place a New Plane Wave, with the direction of propagating heading straight towards my array.
Depending on what you would lke to measure you define the types of probes you will use.

I still dont know how to use floquet modes. If soomeone could explain it, it would be great.

Also, one more time: Anyone knows how to sweep that variable I mentioned?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back