Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pipeline ADC 'latency

Status
Not open for further replies.

iexplorer

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I measure the quantization noise between one value and its output ,
there is a several clock periods latency between them , is there anyway to get the precise I/O curve?

there is a latency between the input and output.... so you buffer the input say using a sample and hold and then subtract the corresponding output to get the quantisation noise.... the number of buffers needed would depend on the latency....

Thanks for your reply.You mean that I can buffer several SHAs and fix the latency? But how can I guarantee the dummy latency is exactly?SHA and MDAC have different delay. After all, a little deviation between the points can make the performance look different.

what i meant is use a S/H to hold the value till the output arrives and when the output arrives you can subtract it and find the quantisation noise.....

Status
Not open for further replies.