Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pioneer A-80 Integrated Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnph3

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone have repair tips for Pioneer A-80 Integrated Amp.
When it comes on (which it doesn't always) when the relay clicks I have distorted audio in right channel and no audio in left channel

I am not familar with the model but if the relay isn't switching reliably it could be the cause of the other problems. I would first check the power supply rails were correct then move to looking at what powers and controls the relay. There is a good chance the amplifiers themselves are OK.

Brian.

The service manual was easy to find online. Essentially you should have equal positive and negative power supplies with zero volts DC at the speaker contacts. Any failure causing imbalance will put a DC on the speaker line and make the relay open. The speaker contacts on the relay itself can cause weak audio with distortion. You could try tapping on the speaker relay to see if volume changes or distortion clears.

Larry G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back