Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Pin layer in Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLayout

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using Virtuoso 6.1.6 and have encountered an issue. I usually am able to select a group of pins (pin layers) and copy them between layout windows. However now some pins will copy and some will not. All were made individually so do not hold any history in them.

I've tried placing a cell of pins and flattening it (done with both preserve pins selected and not selected) and the pins went to different names or again did not exist. We use a pin layout cell to keep for LVS purposes when streaming in GDS files.

Thankful for any ideas.

You probably have to look closer at the ones that do not
copy (or maybe they just do not select? Are they at the
current level?).

I've used the same scheme, copying all of the top level
pad pins to another 0,0 layout for blowback re-LVS.
And my layout style always has pins on pads in I/O
cells, which look just the same from the top view, but
those pins are not selectable at that level. Maybe this
is what's going on - the pins you think you see, are
really part of some subcell.

Thanks for the answer. The pin cell was actually a copy of the full layout and everything else was removed. The pins are on the proper layers and levels, but as you suggested I looked more closely at them. Their connectivity was not the same as the pin name. The schematic has one bus name and nets are patched off to single nets with different names. The pin actually has both of these names associated with it so I'm assuming that is why they won't copy. The other pins have a signal designation only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back