Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pilot subcarrier in Fixed WiMAX ( 802.16 d )

Status
Not open for further replies.

alqasim

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pilot subcarriers

It was mentioned in the standard that the pilot subcarriers are modulated by BPSK and the the remaining data subcarriers depend on SNR value .

My question : Is it possible that the amplitude for pilot subcarriers are less than data subcarriers ( when we capture it in spectrum analyzer ).

802.16d preamble

Yes it is. For frequency selective fading, I believe pilot tones can be affected.

calculating pilot location 802.16

i meant that in normal situation , is there any differance in the magnitude between data subcarrier and pilot subcarrier .

fixed wimax-data carrier

I did not check the standards but pilot amplitude increase is normal because the total power increase is small but the phase/frequency tracking loop operate less noisy and the overall performance is better. For rolling pilots the same applies to channel estimation. I think for WiMAX the carrier to carrier channel variation is not much because channel estimation within the preamble is interpolated instead of measured. But correct someone me, I am fading some details.

Status
Not open for further replies.