[SOLVED] Pilot Aided Channel Estimation (2x1D Wiener-Filter) implementation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

giny

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I do have problems implementing a 2x1D Wiener-Filter as channel estimator for an OFDM-System. I use the concept introduced in the following paper:
**broken link removed**

First of all I want to make shure I understood the problem. Pls correct me if I am wrong:
  • If we do not know the channel well, we can not compute the cross-covariance vector of the channel, but we can use equation (15) assuming a worst case scenario for doppler and delay spread.
  • Also the auto-covariance matrix could be calculated with equation (16)
  • After that we can minimize the cost-function \[J\] (eq. (4)) or use eq. (3)
  • Having computed the weight coefficients we can use eq. (2) with the Least-Square estimation \[r(k',l')\] of the channel at the Pilot Positions to compute a estimation matrix for the hole channel at every location.

What I don't understand:
  • Using equation (15): I do get a vector for each carrier location of my OFDM-Symbol, thats bigger than what I expect what \[N_{tap}\] should be?
  • Why do we use \[k', k''\] resp \[l',l''\] in eq (16) How do I get the auto-covariance matrix \[N_{tap}\] × \[N_{tap}\]?

Can anyone tell me what I missunderstood and push me into the right direction. Or give me a hint how to implement such a channel estimator?

Thanks in advance.

P. S.
\[
k' = sample from Pilot in time domain\\
l' = sample from Pilot in freq. domain\\
k'' = sample from Pilot subset in time domain\\
l'' = sample from Pilot subset in freq. domain\\
\]

Status
Not open for further replies.