Picstart Plus 18F6720 Firmware problem. (Picstart not found)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bytestorm

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I have a picstart plus 10-00379-R3 unit with a PIC18F6720.

I have verified that the comport is indeed working, but I cant enable the programmer. "Picstart programmer not found"
I used my MPLAB ICD 3 to reprogram the firmwares found on this site, and the original included in the installation folder (size 70-80k??), but I still cant get it to work.

I also have a older R10 version of the same programmer, Picstart plus. And that connects and enables just fine when i swap them.
This leads me to belive the COM port (usb to serial) is indeed working.

The firmwares I have downloaded here on this forum are supposed to be for the R10 I belive, with the adapterboard.. So they might not be suited for this unit :S since this unit has the 18f6720 from default.

Can anyone please upload the full original or compatible firmware for the 18F6720 variant?
The MPLAB version I use is the latest 8.92.

I am using a MPLAB ICD 3 to program the 18F6720.. I wonder if I need any specific settings or something when programming?
Or am I just supposed to import the HEX and program? (when I read out the programmed HEX, some data differs from the original file ..)

Thanks for reading this far

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.