Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PicKit3 Beginner Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulhaggard

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just got my pickit 3 the other day, with the 18f45k20 demo board. I am attempting to go through the lesson files, and I did manage to get the compiler and linking files all sorted out. I got the first lesson working and was able to modify which LEDs turn on. So I tried to move on to the blinking LED/rotating LED lessons, and neither works. I compile them fine, program with no errors, but no LEDs are lit. I went back and tried lesson 1 again and it still works fine. How can I go about figuring out why the programming appears valid but does not operate the lights?

Thanks!

Solved

I figured it out; the brown out voltage was set too high in the code and the PIC was not running the program because of this. In the code under configuration bits, the value of 'BORV = 30' must be reduced to allow the code to run. 22 seems to work, but lower values give me build problems. What's weird is that I didn't need to reduce it to get the PWM lesson to run...

Status
Not open for further replies.