Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pickit2 problem "USB does not recognize"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaheers

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have recently made a Pickit2 clone programmer on bread borad from the following link
Microchip PICKIT 2 Clone - Schematic+PCB (PROTEUS) - Sonsivri

I program the uC from Pickit2 from some institute, when i attectched the programmer to USB some time it says "USB does not recognize" and sometime it does not even respond anything

i am using win7 pro, and latest motherboard with i3 processor, can any one help me on this?

I have recently made a Pickit2 clone programmer on bread borad from the following link
Microchip PICKIT 2 Clone - Schematic+PCB (PROTEUS) - Sonsivri
I program the uC from Pickit2 from some institute, when i attectched the programmer to USB some time it says "USB does not recognize" and sometime it does not even respond anything

i am using win7 pro, and latest motherboard with i3 processor, can any one help me on this?

you claim using win7, whether 32 or 64 bit?
the link takes me to another link where i get irrelevant stuff, instead of pickit2 related.

Check PCB, parts, and reprogram again firmware chip.

I checked the all parts twice, the reprogramming of new latest frimware is pending. . .

you claim using win7, whether 32 or 64 bit?
the link takes me to another link where i get irrelevant stuff, instead of pickit2 related.

it is 32bit OS,
the links they gave on that fourms are an adds links, when u click on the links their is a counter on top right corner when it ends a button will appear like 'skip this add' , however I am giving the related links below

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

On WinXP Win7 32-bit 64-bit working fine. Try to reinstall PICKIT2 software.

Check and compare firmware hex in attachment with yours.

Did you make some replacements of mosfets from circuit?

I made this PICKIT2 and all working great:

Attachments

• pk21_complete.png
    pk21_complete.png
    270.7 KB · Views: 129
  • pk21-mod-brd.png
    pk21-mod-brd.png
    121 KB · Views: 113
  • pk21-mod-sch.png
    pk21-mod-sch.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 3.RAR
    82.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
yep i am using BJTs instead of mosfets, but i think is not a problem, the main problem is USB communication, it may be frimware, may be xtal connnaction or vusb connection, as i think, , ,

You should try to reinstall software, and try to use other usb port.

I see that inappropriate replacement cause strange situations.

that causes a problem Shaheers.
dont change the components of a working design and expect it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.