Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Pickit2 problem...it shows an error

Status
Not open for further replies.

VASUAMIR

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai guys...
I am trying to dump a program to DSPIC30F4011 using PICKIT2. Always appearing an error PK2Error0008 Read failure...
After that i saw your comments. Then i have troubleshooted using PICKIT2 software. i shows VDD short detected.
Anyone help me...

Are you powering your entire circuit from the PICkit 2? Keep in mind that it has only limited supply capabilities, so if your circuit draws excessive current from the PICkit 2 then it will assume a short circuit and refuse to download the firmware to the PIC.

Hai guys...
I am trying to dump a program to DSPIC30F4011 using PICKIT2. Always appearing an error PK2Error0008 Read failure...
After that i saw your comments. Then i have troubleshooted using PICKIT2 software. i shows VDD short detected.
Anyone help me...

This is high possibility of wrong pins connected to the device. Cross check ISP pins and re-connect. Or if you are inserting the device in Zif socket, confirm it is in the right position.

hai...
I did't connect any circuit with PICKIT2. I have brought this from chennai. Already i used this PICKIT2. It showing USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED before two days. After that it does not connect with microcontroller.

Are using which operating system??.

Try to do with PICKIT 2 V2.6 Software and also require .NET Frame Work

Kindly let me know weither the PiciKit 2 is Original one from Microchip or a clone. And try using a new USB cable.

Hai guys....
Thanks for your comments. Now it is working fine.
One capacitor has removed so thats why this problem came. Now i have connected that capacitor. Now it is working. Once again i thank to all vey much..

Status
Not open for further replies.