Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pickit2 clone problem with using PB.6 and PB.7 pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

sresam89

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all
the problem i am facing is that what ever i try to connect with my PB.6 PB.7 pins it is not working.
the program and all other part and files are good working flawlessly, even the same(PB.6 PB.7 pins) is working while using a different programmer.what would be the problem/solution for this?
i know these two two pins are used for programming the IC. i use 16f877a. this was tested using both ICSP and normal IC in socket programming.

thanks in advance

Re: pickit2 clone problem

Would you be able to post a schematic of your pickit 2 clone?

-Willis

hi wills
actually i purchased it from a vendor. so i might not be able to putup a file for it, SORRY!
but right from start i have been having problems with the programming of PB.6,7 pins i recently only noticed it with programming my controller with a different one(TOPWIN2005+).
any other things i could share so u could help me?

Hi,

At least give us the maker / model number of the clone so we can get some idea of the unit.

Also what software does it use, Microchips or its own version ?

Just have to ask, you refer to the programing pins as PB.6 Pics are typically refered to as RB6 and 7 - you are not trying to program Atmel chips are you ?

the problem i am facing is that what ever i try to connect with my PB.6 PB.7 pins it is not working.
the program and all other part and files are good working flawlessly, even the same(PB.6 PB.7 pins) is working while using a different programmer.what would be the problem/solution for this?
i know these two two pins are used for programming the IC. i use 16f877a. this was tested using both ICSP and normal IC in socket programming.

Is the issue the use of pins RB6 and RB7 after the device has been programmed?

If so, it sounds like you may have Debugging enabled in the Configuration Register settings, which dedicates pins RB6 and RB7 to In Circuit Debugging (ICD).

Ensure you have disabling Debugging and Low Voltage Programming (LVP) in the devices Configuration Register Settings.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back