Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PicDEm 2 Plus I2C External Sensors J20-J23 Jumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmab

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I am designing an I2C Sensor network using the PicDem 2 Plus and i am attempting to attach my own external Sensors to show the ability to have multiple sensors on the same SCL and SDA lines. The PicDem 2 Plus Users manual describes the J20-J22 Jumpers below:

TABLE 1-1: ON-BOARD JUMPER CONNECTIONS
Jumper Connection
J6 --> LEDs to PORTB
J7 --> On-board RC oscillator to PIC® MCUs
J9 --> Piezo buzzer to RC2 pin (*on 40-pin mid-range device, this is CCP1)
J10 --> VCAP connection for devices with on-chip voltage regulator
J12 --> 2.7V source to RA1 (voltage divider off of 9V input voltage)
J14, 15, 16, 17 --> PICkit™ Serial Header to I2C™ bus
J18,19 --> Tx and Rx from RS-232 components to PIC MCUs
**J20, 21, 22, 23 --> PIC MCUs to I2C bus**
J24 --> RA4 pin to RC2

These Jumper connections, however, are never detailed at which is the GND, VDD, SCL, SDA lines. Does anyone have any experience adding external sensors to this dev board? I have emailed microchip (the only email tech help is a chinese email address) and they continually direct me to the users manual which has only the information shown above.

Can anyone give me insight on how to connect external I2C sensors to the dev board?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Tmab

Status
Not open for further replies.