Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC24F16Ka101 RA4 not functioning as digital output

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponnus

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai,
I am trying to use RA4 pin of PIC24F16KA101 as digital output.It is connected to one of the segments of the 7-segment display. But it is always giving a constant voltage of about 800mv. I am not able to drive this pin.

I checked the datasheet to know if it is an open drain, but that is not mentioned in the datasheet. I also tried setting it as open drain (ODCAbits.ODA4 = 1), and used a pull up resistor of 10K to Vcc(Vcc=3V). But still unable to drive it.

Does anyone faced such a problem?Any help is appreciated.....

Thank you

Set it as digital IO. If it is set as analog input then it will not work.

Set it as digital IO. If it is set as analog input then it will not work.

Hai,
Thanks for the reply.

I have already set it as digital output using TRIS register, and this pin is not multiplexed with analog input. It is multiplexed with these ,PGC3/SOSCO/T1CK/U2CTS/CN0/RA4, but I am not using any of these peripherlals.

Try configuring these registers.

CNPU1
CNPU2
CNPD1
CNPD2

ODCA.ODA4

Use LATA instead of PORTA (LATAbits.LATA4 instead of PORTAbits.RA4)

Zip and post your project files.

Hai,

When I was unable to drive the pin just like other pins, I thought it is an open-drain output.
So, I tried using a 10k pull up resistor,but it didn't worked.

Then I've made it open drain by setting ODCAbits.ODA4 = 1; and enabled the internal pull up by setting the corresponding CNPUE1 bit, but still the same result.

I am using LAT register for outputting.

Still this pin is giving around 800mv.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.