Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F4550 Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
schematic pic18f4550

DMAN said:
PIC fuses are setup bits to tell the microprocessor the information it needs to know to function properly. Everithing from oscillator type to watch dog timers is included. It can be a part of .hex program but sometimes authors don't do that and you have to enter the fuses manualy before programing from the prrogramming software. You can acces fuses setup in WinPIC800 by clicking the "Setting" icon not the Settings menu!
But i guess that it's allready in .hex becouse nothing is said on CUI site whitch would tell you how to setup the fuses!
I have attachedf the printscreen of my WinPic800 setting. It should be the default setting because I havent "play" with it yet!

DMAN said:
So what did you put in if you did not include PTS. Did you just put a wire bridge in the place where the PTC should be?.
I just by-pass the wire and assume the fuse isnt there at all!!! The power from USB is safely grounded with 0.1µF capasitors, the current spike when it is connected to PC will be grounded.

DMAN said:
Yea sorry for not warning you about that. I ment to but I forgot.That is the reason I told you to move the file and not to delete it. Sorry again?.
Thats ok DMAN, it souldnt give a PC geek like me a problem at all. Small thing.

DMAN said:
Ok I Googled some more and as it seem there is some problem with PIC fuses in the original bootloader.

Read **broken link removed** and try to reprogramme 18F4550 with the .hex that user Wimmel has provided with the fuses set.
Yea! There is problem with the .hex from CUI. Maybe that fellow just assume other will use ICSP from microchip to upload the bootloader file. Now I manage to upload the driver and my XP recgonized it as PIC18F4550 Family Device.

You are truely "The Man" DMAN!!!!

pic18f452 circuit diagram

I can see the driver has been accepted by XP, why cant Microchip includes the icon because it looks weird with "?-mark" on it. Do you know how to include a DIY icon (.ico file)?

Is it possible to write our own Driver for PIC18F4550 to interect with XP or vista? I wanted to make it workable with GUI package such as VB 2005.net (since this version of .net is free).

It would be great if anyone can tell me how to use Window Driver Development Kit - DDK to write the Driver for PIC18F4550 (or 4455/2550/2455).

thank in advance

Added after 27 minutes:

Here how it looks

prog pic18f4550 how to

The vb.net sample from Jan Axelson didnt work on my PIC18F4550 but it work well when I enter the VID & PID for keyboard! I guess this has to do with the bootloader. :cry:

jdm programmer pic18f4550

How do I modify the VID and PID for this chip using WINPIC800? Where are these info located in PIC18F4550 address?

pic18f4550 icsp

should the icon for the driver (see post above) stay ?-mark or I have done wrong that resulted in ?-mark ?

Status
Not open for further replies.