Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F4520 connection to 3x3 keypad/LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

defty

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys, I would appreciate some help regarding PIC18F4520 to 3x3 KP/LED.

I do not need the code as of now. I just need some basic diagram that shows how a 3x3 KeyPad is connected to the PIC and also how an LED can be connected to the PIC.
Is there any difference if I were to connect my 3x3 to either PORTA/PORTB?

I tried to google 3x3 KeyPad to PIC18F4520, nothing came out to be honest. Need some help if its possible. Thanks.

Ther eis no special Keypad interfacing to PIC18F4520. Google for 3 X 3 Keypad interfacing and you will get a lot of links. For LED use a current limiting resistor. If you use PORTA which have adc and Comparator functions multiplexed you have to configure ADCON1 and CMCON registers in your code.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi dear...
in a new way you can use many keys with one pin of pic...and so you can make your key-pad as you wish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back