Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic18f2550 serial communication problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwinraj

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i am new to pic uc 18f2550. i am using mplab and writing program in assembly language
problem is when ever i turn off power supply , data in transmitted to hyper terminal (turn off is not instantaneous)
i used 4MHZ AND 20MHZ CRYSTAL same problem occurred in both cases ,also checked baudrate setting

check attach for code

Attachments

• 18F2550TMPO.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 52

do you use any bulk capacitor in your circuit? If so, it may cause delay in switch-off.

i am using max 232 ic ,i used led to check transmission (bit toggle in between transmission)
is there any problem in the code

pl tell us clear what your problem is. Whether switching-off delay problem or else. More details needed for anyone to help you.

Frstly - thank you for using the MPLAB template, it makes the program far more readable and logical than we often see.

No circuit will work without power so as suggested earlier, the PIC and MAX232 are continuing to run on energy stored in the power supply capacitors. If it causes you a problem, try connecting the reset (MCLR) pin through suitable voltage limiting components to a sensing circuit at input of your power supply. You could also try enabling the Brown-Out detection circuits (CONFIG2L register) to force a reset sooner as the VDD voltage starts to fall rather than letting it go down to around 2V before it stops running.

Brian.

thanks to every one .
i forgot to connect ground to max232ic

Status
Not open for further replies.