Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F88 Temprature Logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashif_uet

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All Hi!

I tried PIC16F688 for the purpose of two channel temprature data logger was successful to the level of saving(logging) the values to External EEPROM but couldnot manage to get back data logged in EEPROM (AT24C02),

Used I2C Library
https://www.best-microcontroller-projects.com (Author:- John )

with following comments

Note : if using 16F88 then using the I2C module in master mode will stop the
R-M-W action so you won't need to worry about it.

First i couldnot fully understand what mentioned in above note and lastly i decided to go for PIC16F88 now if anyone have some helpful stuff regarding this on PIC16F88 do share it with me.

Thanks in advance

Kashif:D

Hi,

The Pic16F88 does not have I2C Master Mode - Slave only as I read it ..?

That link does not show anything specific so its hard to know what code you have used and if it actually worked in the first place.
Probably used bit banging rather than true I2C.

More info of the code you used would help.

Thanks for the response yes i have read it that PIC16F88 has I2C in slave mode but PIC16F688 doesnot have any I2C/SSPI ports .

The code i have attached was used by Author for reading and setting time on DS1307.

And on proteus It works as well but unlikely still i am not able to have serial communication successfully.

which people have suggested that baudrate of 57600 is higher one and it may show some error as i am using internal clock.

If possible you can go through my other post with title PIC16F88 Serial Communication.

Thanks in anticipation

Kashif

Hi,

Sorry cannot help - only into assembler - hopefully other members can help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back