Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PIC16F877A Question - port reading from another port

Status
Not open for further replies.

corpuralx

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Will it be possible for the ports to read the output of another ports?

Like for example, there's a connection between porta.f0 and portb.f0 and between those connections, there's a switch. So if the switch is toggled(ON), and send a data/value of 1 toporta.f0, the portb.f0 will then read the 1 value, but if the switch is off or not toggled, the portb.f0 will not be able to read the 1 value and instead, read it as 0.. is that possible? i've tried combinations of connections in proteus but to no avail. If switch is toggled, portb.f0 is not receiving a value of 1 and instead its just either blue or gray color in proteus which is i believe is 0. Sorry for my grammar, still a newbie as well in microc pic programming. Thanks in advance. Any simple circuit provided is appreciated. Thanks

Yes, it is perfectly feasible, and even too much usual, although on above example is not so usual.
This principle is commonly used on keypad scan routines.

+++

Is true that it might not work on the proteus but 100% work on actual/breadboarding? One of my friends told me that it's possible, that the proteus needs "buffer" but on breadboard is not needed. I don't know whats buffer. Can anyone provide liek a simple circuit how would that work? Below is the link- screenshot of my work on proteus. This is not yet finished and still doing trial and error. Thanks.

Attachments

• 7112917000_1389712904.jpg
    7112917000_1389712904.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back