Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F877A problem WIth EPICWIN programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaiqbashir

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
epicwin configuration programming error

Hi guys!

i made an EPICWIN programmer and the PIC Im trying to program is PIC16F877A.

now i really wonder why this programmer, after programming my PIC is giving me an error "CONFIGURATION PROGRAMMING ERROR". I have tried almost every thing, like shorting RB3 to ground, using WINPIC but what i see is this that no programmer is able to program this chip yet.

OK let me just tell you that my pins configuration in my 40 pin socket.

PIN#1 to MCLR (13-13.5V)
PIN#11 to Vdd (5V)
Pin#12 to GND (0V)
Pin#36 to GND (using pull down resistor of 1.1k)
Pin#40 to Data
Pin#39 to Clock

this is it..

Now what i see, that when i click on ERASE in my EPICWIN Software , it shows that the device is erased. ON BLANK CHECKING, it shows the device is BLANK. On programming, it completes the programming and displays the error, "CONFIGURATION PROGRAMMING ERROR"

When i verify the code, it gives error.

But what i see that when i read the PIC , it reads it successfuly and displays me the result in ASCII and HEX Format. what is this then??

I have double triple checked my configurations, there is no CODE PROTECT on, and etc.

PLease tell me what is the problem here?

the following parallel port pins this programmer uses:

D0 (PIN#2)
D1 (PIN#3)
D2 (PIN#4)
D3 (PIN#5)
D4 (PIN#6)
ACK(PIN#10)

pin 18-25 are grounded.

please tell me what should i do now??? is my PIC DEAD?? how to program this PIC16F877A using this programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.