Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F877 with 16x2 LCD, simulation failed in Proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightgreen

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, good day to all of you.....
I desperately need your help....
I encountered problem when i tried to run simulation in the proteus.
The uploaded images included the coding in the PICBASIC and connection did in the Proteus.
Anyone, please help me to point out what is going wrong with my connection or my coding?
Thank...
My email address is: lightgreen_86@yahoo.com

Again..thanks a lot in advance

Hi,

Cannot help with the coding - but in proteus remove all connections to the LCD pins 1 ,2 and 3 - Proteus automatically deals with that.

Remove all your lcd resistors and connect LCD pins 4 and 6 directly to the pic, no pull ups etc - not needed.

I agree with wp100 and this in your code, May be connect PIN1 to GND PIN2 to VDD and PIN5 to GND on your LCD

Code:
' Define LCD registers and bits
Define	LCD_DREG	PORTB
Define	LCD_DBIT	4
Define	LCD_RSREG	PORTE
Define	LCD_RSBIT	0
Define	LCD_EREG	PORTB
Define	LCD_EBIT	2

That should do the trick,

Thanks for all of your help......The problem comes out due to the connection of RS pin. The RS pin should connected directly to the PIC...

Status
Not open for further replies.