Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F877 based MP3 Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

faizzaq

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic16f877a mp3 player

I am designing an MP3 Player which has the following setup:

USB Interface
MMC - Memory Unit
PIC16F877 - CPU
STA013 - MP3 Decoder
CS4334 - D/A Converter
TPA6021A4 - Audio Power Amplifier
Keypad

Below is the function block diagram.

91_1189595288.jpg

I wanna know if there is any fault in the basic block diagram; like; If TPA6021A4 is the correct choice for an audio amplifier, etc.

Moreover, I have some other questions as well.

1 - Can we use any audio amplifier chip??? Is the one I am using alright for this project???

2 - Is the choice for D/A Converter right???

3 - Is there any IC that provides the USB interface??? I think there is an IC for USB interface provided by MicroChip but I dont know the number???

4 - What are the essential items that are needed for transferring the MP3 data from the computer to the MMC via USB port??? In short, how can I develop the USB interface??? I have no knowledge regarding this.

5 - What is the difference between STA013 and STA015??? Can I use any of them??? Are they inter-compatible???

6 - How a MMC should be selected??? Is it based upon the particular file system supported by it??? Does it have any affect on the programming???

Plz help me!

Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.