Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F876-A problem with bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitdandyan

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mikroc usart_write examples

I m using PIC16F876-A....i hv copied the following program given in mikro C examples for bootloader....bt i hv been facing difficulty in building it....

void main()
org 0x1E7D
{

Susart_Init(129); //20MHz crystal

if (Susart_Write_Loop('g', 'r') != 255)
Start_Bootload();
else
Start_Program();
}

Someone please explain this program to me....as the instruction "Susart" is not given in help topics.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

usart_write

Here you are the description

Prototype: void Usart_Write(unsigned short data);
Returns: Nothing.
Description: Function transmits a byte (data) via USART.
Requires: USART HW module must be initialized and communication established before using this function. See Usart_Init.
Example: int chunk = 0x1E;
Usart_Write(chunk); /* send chunk via USART */

This is from the help of the MikroC, there's nothing called "Susart". It's just "Usart".

I hope this helps.

Re: PIC16F876-A problem

thanx for your concern......bt i hv read about USART....and i hv used it for serial communication.....this problem is different from that...i think so..!!!!!!!!!

I hv used similar example for PIC18F252 and it was build successfully.....bt a different kind of problem occurred....for which i hv put a query at following link....

Status
Not open for further replies.