Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic16c62/72/73 programmer schematic needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
I need a schematic and software for a pic16c62, pic16c72, pic16c73 programmer (other pic16Cxxx pics programming also desirable)

LPT or serial port and MS-DOS software for it is very much desirable if possible.

I know this must be one of these ancient projects....
any thoughts?

Hi,

Those PICs and programmers for them are not much popular. What is the specific use of these PICs ?

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

Even Pickit2 and ICD2 are not supported for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: neazoi

neazoi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

Those PICs and programmers for them are not much popular. What is the specific use of these PICs ?

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

Even Pickit2 and ICD2 are not supported for them.

Thew they are not very popular indeed. No specific use, I just have lots of them available. Some of them are ceramic side brazed eprom packages which looks neat :)

I would really like to find a small programmer to program them and read their programs.
As I mentioned MS-DOS program is prefferred if possible, but not absolutely necessary.

According to MPLAB v8.6, only supported programmers are PICSTART+, PRO MATEII & MPLAB PM3. Wish you will find some help.

According to MPLAB v8.6, only supported programmers are PICSTART+, PRO MATEII & MPLAB PM3. Wish you will find some help.

PICALL is another slovenian programmer and there is software for DOS too.
It uses a pre programmed chip with firmware but I am not sure if I can still have this as well if I buy it since the creator says that it is out of stock.

hi

try to purchase the programmer from microchip
it will be better for all time
you will get all updates and error free(almost)
and will be beneficial in long run
if you want to stop all your work on microchip, then go for any small, cheap programmers

ml

Reactions: neazoi

neazoi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi

try to purchase the programmer from microchip
it will be better for all time
you will get all updates and error free(almost)
and will be beneficial in long run
if you want to stop all your work on microchip, then go for any small, cheap programmers

ml

Which programmer?
ICD2 I have does not support these devices

hi

you will have to search with the microchip site
but what if you can use the Flash versions of the controller?
so that almost all the programmers will support the same?
is there any special purpose that you use this controller?

ml

hi

you will have to search with the microchip site
but what if you can use the Flash versions of the controller?
so that almost all the programmers will support the same?
is there any special purpose that you use this controller?

ml

Yes I just have lots of these available.

PICALL is another slovenian programmer and there is software for DOS too.
It uses a pre programmed chip with firmware but I am not sure if I can still have this as well if I buy it since the creator says that it is out of stock.
How about the P16Pro from the same author. No programmed chip required and the hardware is simple to build.
Btw. the PC software is the same for Picall and P16Pro. There's a Windows and DOS version available.

How about the P16Pro from the same author. No programmed chip required and the hardware is simple to build.
Btw. the PC software is the same for Picall and P16Pro. There's a Windows and DOS version available.

M!k, I have just realized that picpro can program these devices using dos software and no firmware. This is what I am going to try.
Thank you all

If you are happy to use a programmer external to MPLab try this one, I have had one for a while and it is a great little programmer K149 programmer, software is windows based.

Status
Not open for further replies.