Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16 series programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roelescence

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can PIC series be programmed through USB?
How to interface?
Pls. help, I am new to microcontrollers

Yes they can be programmed through USB. But, for that, you need USB programmer, like PICKIT2, PICKIT3, etc.

do we need a driver for the kit?
By the way I am trying to apply PIC to IR sensor circuits, coul it be posible? Any recommendations?

Yes, you can interface the PIC to IR sensor. Follow a standard protocol such as RC5 or SIRC. Make sure you are using the same protocol as the transmitter.

Yes, you need a driver for the PICKIT2. You get the driver along with the PICKIT2, or you can download it from the internet.
For any programmer (even other than PICKIT2), you will need a driver. It should come with the programmer.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

I will download a schematic diagram, would you please help me interpret the circuit?

Can we use PIC to control the operating time interval between two dc motors? Like for example, I would like motor A to keep rotating for 3 sec and upon stopping for that programmed time the motor B starts for 5 sec. Please tell me if it's posible in PIC micro so that I will continue to the next chapter of my tutorial.
Thank you

Can we use PIC to control the operating time interval between two dc motors? Like for example, I would like motor A to keep rotating for 3 sec and upon stopping for that programmed time the motor B starts for 5 sec. Please tell me if it's posible in PIC micro so that I will continue to the next chapter of my tutorial.

Yes, it is certainly possible.

Study your chapter on Timers and Interrupts.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.