PIC12F675 ..won't program with Pickit2 and MPLAB X IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,
Do you know why my Pickit2 will not program the PIC12F675 that I have in-circuit? I get the following error message from MPLAB X....

The Pickit2 application tells me that "Pickit2 found and connected"

Also, when I run the program, it doesn't work, even though the pickit2 application tells me "programming successful"

I am using MPLAB X IDE V2.10 and the pickit2 software is v2.55.02

By the way, here is the MPASM code....it simply flashes a led on and off until a pushbutton switch is pressed....if the switch is pressed again it goes back to flashing the led, etc etc...

use the release mode instead of debug mode when you program the pic ?

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks, though in 'MPLAB X' there is no release or debug mode, as I remember it, that was in the old MPLAB

MPLAB and MPLABX use different device drivers
have you used the MPLAB driver switcher to check that the Pickit2 is set up for MPLAB X?

T

I am sure MPLAB X can handle the pic12f675, because when I set up the project, it offered me to pick the pic12f675 as an option, which I did.

I must admit I didn't download the pickit2 device firmware from the following download page...I wonder if I have to do that?
**broken link removed**
..the device firmware is a hex file, but I don't know what to do with it, or even of I should do anything with it.?

there appears to be problems with Pickit2 and MPLABX

if you do a web search for mplabx and pickit2 it will give plenty of links in particular on the Microchip forums

T

thanks, ok, I have been thrown off by an error message in MPLAB X......I have gotten it to work now.....at least with a simpler led flash program.......goodness knows why MPLABX reports that it cant find the pickit2
Sorry for your time......thankyou for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.