Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] PIC with 2 RS 232 port to interface GSM module, RF ID and GPS receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahana_bvm

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Just joined the forum.
I am looking for a PIC which can interface with GPS module, GSM module and RFID reader using RS232 ports.
I can use a MUX for GSM module and RFID reader. But GPS needs a dedicated RS232 port.
Please suggest a PIC which can have 2 ports for this purpose.
Thanks in advance
- sahana

you can use software USART for this .
pic c (ccs ) compiler and mikroc gives you a library function to make software usart.
use a multiplexer to for GSM and GPS and software usart .
and connect RFID to hardware usart.

RFID should make interrupt to microcontroller but GSM AND GPS are not so so important to monitor them always.
they can be accessed using polling technique.

Thanks a lot for response.
Actually I will be accessing the GPS data continuously (as it will be in a vehicle) and based on the location data sending location details a SMS. Also RFID reader will be accessed once the vehicle in stopped in particular location.
But I should think about using soft USART too. But How many soft Usarts can be configured??
Thank you

Which MCUs are you looking for - 8b or 16b?
Anyways many MC MCUs have two or more hardware USART modules.
You can also simply emulate the serial transfer in your software - the number - as many digital ports the PIC has :).
Depending on your compiler you might need to write custom routines if you need more than two software USARTs.

I suggest using the Microchip Advanced Parts Selector (MAPS) to find the best one suitable for your needs.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back