Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic basic compiler crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaledOsmani

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

PIC18 IDE basic simulator: each time I run it it sais runtime error, and sometimes i can get access to the software but it crashes as soon as I open the basic compiler.

I tried to re-download it and re-install it, but the problem still there.
I have all windows update up to dated on my pc (win8 genuine) and performed a full scan with no threats found, hence the problem still there.

Any solutions?

PIC18 Simulator IDE v2.88

Error message: Run-time error '7': Out of memory

When trying to check for updates: Error message: Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument

Yes, I tried to download and install the 3.37 version, once the installer is downloaded, and the PIC18 IDE is installed, when I access it, it doesn't run, and says: Unexpected error;quitting

I'm pretty sure the program is written in Visual Basic (sadly!) so you are probably missing one or more of the run time libraries. Try emailing Vlad at Oshonsoft, explaining the problem and he will tell you which DLL's are needed. It normally runs 'as is' but for some reason your computer has lost the extra files it relies on.

Brian.

I have a similar problem with the Oshonsoft PIC basic compiler, it starts ok and I can load a program, but it crashes if I have the wrong processor specified, or if there is an error in the code.
I also use the AVR basic compiler and it runs great, I have none of these problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back