Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic and atmel coomunication

Status
Not open for further replies.

lats

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear FRNDZ

i am designing a project in which i have to control three phase volatges currents and many other parameters according to the desicions. m using 4 microcontrollers one is 8051 and 3 pic 16f688. i want to make communication between these four controllers using minimum i/o s . is that possible that the 3 pic controllers communicate with 8051 using usart communication ?
or 1st pic send data to 2nd pic and then 2nd sends data of 1st and 2nd to 3rd pic and then 3rd pic transfers all the data to 8051..

which method will be easier and better and which communication is possible.i mean to say is usart better or i will have to use SPI communication in which per controller 3 pins will be accquired.

thanksu

Obviously, it is better to use SPI. SPI inherently designed to connect multi devices.

Hi,
whether u will transmit data to controller 3 alone are u will receive data from controller3
I think u can go for i2c communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back