Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 16F877A bi-directional DC motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailus

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.,
I want to control DC motor(12V,<500mA) Speed and Direction also using PIC 16F877A Microcontroller.
How to implement it with H-Bridge(without using H bridge IC's).what are the ways to control the speed of the motor.
please explain what are the ways to generate PWM.

Hi,

Think you are using Mikroe C, there should be plenty of examples /tutorials around on PWM.
The 877A has an inbuilt hardware pwm module so its easy enough to initiate.

To contol the motor you have two common ways of controlling it, a single transistor to drive the motor, using another pic output to turn a double pole relay on /off to change the motors polarity /direction.

Using a H bridge you use 2 sections for forwards and 2 sections for reverse.

Again many examples over the web and this forum eg https://www.edaboard.com/threads/182152/

thank you wp100.,
i need circuit diagram how to interface the motor and control the direction and speed.i want to achieve it by transistors or mosfet.

Status
Not open for further replies.