Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phone power without battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

courtara

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings,

I would like to power the Nokia 5110 without the use of a Battery has anyone done this before?

Regards,

i assume that you are trying to power up you cellphone with a charger without putting the battery!!

all you need to do is to put a dummy resistance across its charging (i.e +ve and -ve terminals) and a temperature sensing diode across those other two terminals(of course, taking care of polarity)

good luck

Any idea what value the dummy resistance should be?

Also can you use the Vin Pin on the connector (bottom of the phone in this case)

Regards

well...as such i can't suggest, you need to do some experiment on you one to figure it out. hint...if charging voltage is 3.7 volts and that of the current is 150mA, the resistance should be around 3.7/150mA = 25ohms, about even higher resistance should work!!

no, you can't use that bottom connector....because it is followed by a voltage regulator/charging circuitry before going to the battery terminals!!

yes u can power up the phone without the battery. U need to first know about the pin connector at the end of the mobile.One of these pins is a power pin. Just give external power to that pin and ur mobile will be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back