Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phone dialer built around a microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z80

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
phone dialer litelink

I need to make a DTMF/pulse dialer, and I can't find dedicated chips here, so I'm using a microcontroller. What I want to know is what are the electronics for interfacing a microcontroller to the phone line. Can someone help me?

I would also like to know where can I find a reliable description about how the line states are signaled on PSTN's, and all the necessary details for making a basic simplex modem around a uC.

I repeat, dedicated solutions are not an option because of the poor avalability of such chips.

Thank you.

PS: sorry for the double post, I didn't know what is the most appropriate section

Hi

For Europe, the phone line characteritics are described in the ETSI recommandation EN 300001.

If I do remenber well, you can download it for free on the ETSI site at :

h**p://www.etsi.org/services_products/freestandard/home.htm

To build an interface, you can used dedicated module like those from CLARE :

h**p://www.clare.com/Products/LITELINK.htm

or you can build your own interface with discret components. Here is a link to some schematics:

h**p://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/teleinterface.html

* = t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back