DavidNelly

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
philips 150s problem

Dear colleagues,
My lcd monitor ( philips 150 s ) starts with flickering and in very short time, display is black out. Power led is still on. It seems to be backlight is off. Please guide me where I have to check the components and schematic also.
Thanks

Hello DavidNelly
i think ur problem is caused by either a faulty lamps or faulty inverter , u have to test the inverter first using a good lamps to get sure it's not the problem first , if it was ok that means a faulty lamps and u have to change them .
here's the service manual for this monitor hope it'll help solving ur problem
Kind Regards

Thank you, sawwa7. I checked the lamps and there were lamps problem.
I fixed the problem and thank you for your advice and uploaded files.

if you put bright light at an angle close to lcd can you see a windows shadow
then .... (from a.n. other)

after two weeks searching I finally find doctor living stone
**broken link removed**

more fun with paulbtorrent

the takening the case bit off is like open your wallet a second time
after buying a new LCD, but you must! smallest two screw driver's flat headed, practice using two pennies stuck together()with your fingers after, one little () move and inch and {} again, with the case , it does not break, just need to lever open
[once open you realize they somehow put that old briefcase clip inside!]

also note the bright light test to do first to see if can see a windows screen , and that capacitors are one for a number of things that a make a inverter work! there a transistors as well, given that however, to replace all the capacitors on my inverter, was 11 capacitors, cost me $11 (uk ebay) and already had the iron and solder. So only cost me me $11 to try and see but no luck , still fun and I still can see the screen for 2 sec' at a time plus I have a spare set of caps now in the event that the new one do go burst! you have to laugh really, what next , a new on/off button, as you work though the whole inverter ! come back all is not well
mmmMMMMmmmMMMMmmmMMMMTim Berners-leeMMMMMmmmmMMMMMmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.