Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase shift full bridge controller. -From discrete electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupoftea

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Sorry, within the last 2 years there was a thread on here about how to make a PSFB controller with discrete components.(ie to do the phase shift) ....but i cant find it..(i have searched) . May i please ask does anyone know where it is?

The post i believe, from research , is by Easy Peasy and is sometime during the month or two prior to 1 May 2022.
...it shows how to do PSFB controller discretely.
Though i shoulnt be so lazy, i will start to make a variable delay by using a ramp into a comparator, and then a varying voltage to make it trip any time between 0 and T/2........the voltage will be from the error amplifier.....so 0 volts, gives zero delay, and then we have max duty and max power throughput....5v (say) will give delay of T/2...and zero power throughput....there are plenty of complimentary (hi/lo side) fet drivers to drive each leg, in accordance with the said delay.

Though i dont know quite why to bother...since "standard" PSFB surely cannot be of any use for a SMPS of output 1kW+ and 5kV+(?)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back