Not open for further replies.

sec

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every body,
I would like to create an analog latch and I got few questions. This device would act as an normal latch but instead of 0 or 5V output, it would be variating from 0 to 8V dependently of the input signal. I think about a delay and then a comparator(sin, delay) to active the latch, when the sin come lower then the delay it latch. And (delay, 0V) to be the reference at the latch. Is it a possible circuit ? And is a 10 degree phase shift possible to be create ?

Device like analog latch does not exist. You should think about sample and hold circuit.

sorry but I can't see the attachment. About the sample an hold circuit, do you have schema too show me ?

MikeR, can you upload the whole chapter on active filters from that Russian book? It can be in djvu format.

I suppose you need to detect signal maximums , then you can also use opamp based peak detector instead of delay circuit. When comparator (comparing input signal with peak detector output) will change sign - store the peak detector's output in sample and hold circuit then reset the peak detector's capacitor charge by analog switch.
S/H can be found as separate chip i guess or can be made of discrete components .

sec,
your idea of analog latch seems to me like a dead end of something you are trying to make. It will be better if you explain what you want to acheive.

wow, thank you. exactly what I'm looking for. I was rushing to create a peak detector.

can you help me, I want to create a valley detector, is there any circuit schema ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…