Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

phase noise in oscillators

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppat2006

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i am pursuing mtech vlsi. i wanted some help regarding my major project. my project is analysis and simulation of phase noise in oscillators. i am performing this project on matlab. the basic ieee paper is attached. i wanted to know how use the Lesson's equation in matlab and simulate phase noise

Attachments

• general_full.pdf
    430.8 KB · Views: 111

Hi,
If you are trying to design Cross coupled VCO with Matlab then you need to do modelling. i.e macro modelling for amplifier with passive components in matlab through Simulink tool in matlab. look for mat lab modelling of VCO. the paper you have attached here is expert in VCO ali hajimiri. he has developed second phase noise model after lesson's intuitive phase noise model. Model the phase noise equation and all other component in simulink block level anlyasis by writing important equation to find specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.