Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase Noise in MATLAB OFDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandalwalk

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to know which order each item should be implemented in MATLAB OFDM simulation.

(1)
IFFT=>Phase noise (TX)=>Phase noise (Rx)=>AWGN=>phase compensation.

or

(2)
IFFT=>Phase noise (TX)=>AWGN=>Phase noise (Rx)=>phase compensation.

Which is correct ?
Somebody please advise.

Cheers,
K

It all depends what sort of Phase noise your adding. If it is a constant noise then either one shouldn't matter. If you using a non-linear phase noise then to be conforming to a practical system, you should go with (2).

hi.. i think you are dealing with phase noise in OFDM system due to the oscillator non idealities.. practical oscilators cannot produce a pure sine wave of a constant frequency. this phenomenon is then modelled as phase modulation...if i am right till now then u shud do it like this

transmitter = [modulation----->IFFT]----->
Channel = ( h = 1 for non fadind channel i.e AWGN)------->
Receiver = --->[+AWGN----------> add phase noise---->FFT]

Add phase noise after AWGN...phase compensation comes before FFT if its a time domain method. it is done affter FFt if its a freq domain technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back