Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pcellEvalFailed: How to edit layout.cdb

Status
Not open for further replies.

se3

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
I just installed a PDK. When I generated the layout, I only got blank box without being able to see the layer. If I prese Ctrl-F, "pcellEvalFailed" label are shown.
I found that one of the problem source is that the correspondent layout.cdb points to wrong directory; the warning when I open the layout is:
===
*WARNING* Pcell evaluation for HL90LP/NCH/layout has the following error(s):
*WARNING* ("load" 2 t nil ("*Error* load: can't access file" "/sw/LIB/CLib/TECH_013/ILFILES/PCELL/SOURCE/variables.il"))
*WARNING* Error kept in "errorDesc" property of the label "pcellEvalFailed" on layer/purpose "marker/error" in the submaster.
*WARNING* Pcell evaluation for HL90LP/SND3/layout has the following error(s):
*WARNING* ("load" 3 t nil ("*Error* load: can't access file" "/library/dc5mstyphoon/LAY/OPUS_ENV/PCELL/SOURCE/variables.il"))
*WARNING* Error kept in "errorDesc" property of the label "pcellEvalFailed" on layer/purpose "marker/error" in the submaster.
===

the target folder (.../PCELL/SOURCE/variables.il) can be seen when I open layout.cdb of the cells using binary viewer. Actually, although I do not have the pointed folder, I do have "SOURCE/variables.il, but I do not know how to edit the pointing line insides layout.cdb.

If you have experience on such problem, please share knowledge to me.

Kind Regards

You should never edit the *.cdb files. Better install the correct path(s) in your C@dence environment. For good portability, define all paths in relation to $CDS_INST_DIR .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back