Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Layout printing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamikrudra

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make PCB using Leser print on photo paper for my 89 series programmer but after taking print and transfaring to Copper clad board i realized that I should take
a mirror print but I didn't find how to take mirror print adobe reader does not have any option for this even my printer properties not showing any flip or mirror or negative print option.
Please help me to solve this problem.
I am trying 89series programmer from Sunrom.
Thanx.

See in your printer "properties" . You'll find an option to Mirror the image. If not you may use any image editor like Adobe photoshop or Coreldraw to reverse the image. Cheers

pranam77 said:
See in your printer "properties" . You'll find an option to Mirror the image. If not you may use any image editor like Adobe photoshop or Coreldraw to reverse the image. Cheers

done it with photoshop
but quality is not same pls suggest how can i maintain the original quality.
Thanx

pls help
how to know pdf file image information its pixel/inch info?
when opening a pdf file in photoshop how to maintain original pixal/inch of pdf file?

Thanx.

Why dont you try coreldraw, it will be better and have all options you want. You can import a pdf file easily into the coreldraw without any loss of the quality

Nandhu

Setting the image to the original size can be done from the Main menu>Image>Image size....But if the original size is smaller than the actual size, will result in blurring of the image. Printing in 600 DPI printer settings will usually give you fine results. Cheers

I don't have coreldraw so i used photoshop.
when i am opening pdf file in photoshop it asks for image resolution in pixal/inch
how can i know what pixal/inch in my original pdf file ?
I tried upto 300pixel then image size is 36 MB pls suggest better way to solve this problem.
thanx

First save the PDF file as an image file as .tiff or .jpg file. Then open NEW in photoshop and set the image's actual size then move on. Opening a PDF file in Photoshop directly will result iin more memory usage. Or you may upload the PDF file mentioning the PCB dimentions in mm to my PM and i'll reverse it and send you the image back. Cheers.

Here is your PCB layout reversed in same scale as original. You just have to print it out with 100% scale. Cheers

@Pranam77
Thanks for great help.
now after taking printout of the original and created by you I found that both layouts have size problem 40 min IC or ZIF sockets not fitting in its solder locations. print out is smaller in size.
as I am making PCB first time using laser printer and hot iron to transfer, its my third attempt which is unsuccessful. if any body made atmel 89 series programmer from sunrom's DIY support pls guide me how can i make this PCB?
I already bought all the components.
PLS some body come forword.

Thanks everybody.
solved the problem, it was printer setting problem.
Now I have to drill almost 300 points. PCB looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back