Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB layout or Artwork Cost Estimation in Rupees(Indian currancy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scriptx007

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Every body . i want to know how to estimate the cost of PCB layout or Artwork design which is designed in Softwares such as O*rcad , P*rotel .

I m intersted in knowing the PCB artwork or layout cost , not PCB manufacturing Cost .

For estimating cost of any product there are basic three parameters to be considered. 1 Manufactured quantity in Nos 2 Resources put in manufacturing. 3 Estimated profit per unit in % of manufacturing cost.
For PCB design No1 parameter will be a few trial layouts making trial pcb's from them proving them. No 2 parameter will be of importance A) The software cost B)Man hours spend to design the layout c)Man hour rate.
Now it is simple mathematics

Dear Scripx007,

Sorry for the delay of reply.

To calculate the rate of PCB let us assume following things.

1)One PCB layout will take 5 redraws.
2)The cost of the software is RS. 48000.
3)The software will last for 4 years before upgrade / replace.
4)Time required to draw a 10cm x 10 cm PCB will be 8 hours.
5)Daily wedge of the worker is Rs. 120.-------- @ 1
6)Rent of the the place is Rs 2500.
7)Daily transport charge Rs.60.------------ @ 2
8)Daily supervisory charge Rs. 200.-------- @ 3
9)Daily Electric charges. Rs. 15 ---------- @ 4
10)There are 25 days in a month.

Now let us bring everything to daily basis

A)The software cost
per year: 48000 / 4= 12000.
per month : 12000 / 4= 1000
per day : 1000 / 25= 40.------ @ 5

B)Rent per day : 2500 / 25= 100 -------- @ 6

Now adding all @
120 + 60 + 200 + 15 + 40 = 435 Rs.

At profit of 20% 435 x 0.2 = 87 Rs.

So daily expenditures = 522 Rs.

As in a day 10cm x 10cm = 100 cm^2 PCB layout will be made
Per cm^2 cost is Rs. 5.22 as 5 redraws are considered this will go to Rs 5.22 x 5 = 25.10

I use a formula to determine best estimate on PCB layout using your ascii format net list and parts list - it has proven quite accurate for layout with stable schematic reference. Will glad to process if information is available.

I use a formula to determine best estimate on PCB layout using your ascii format net list and parts list - it has proven quite accurate for layout with stable schematic reference. Will glad to process if information is available.

hello lojoso . thnx for replying . i m attaching assci file . pls send me further details thr private msg .

thank you

Attachments

• 2110212-6_pads_11.txt
    148 KB · Views: 116

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back