Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB layout of zif socket connection for pickit 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandpv2009

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Pickit 2

1. Anyone has the PCB layout of zif socket connection for pickit 2...
2. How can i findout VPP and VDD in the pickit 2.

Thanks.......

Re: Pickit 2

Hi,

You can find out all about it and its connections by downloading the Pickit2 Users Manual from the Microchip site.

nothing in the pickit2 guide (even the word zif)... Please help me...

Pickit 2

@anand

wp100 is right, it even has schematics drawn in the last pages or maybe you mean VPP of individual chips?
you can find it on datasheets

Hi,

It might help us help you if you say what size Zif socket and what chips you are trying to connect to.

The five outputs from the Pickit2, as shown on page 9 of the User manual, should be matched to the pinouts of the chips you are using - so refer to their datasheets, as different chips use different layouts

Ya, u r right .
but i need the zif socket pcb layout...I have two ckts. but they are not suitable for pickit.

Thanks....

Hi,

A trick to save the expense of a Zif socket but also protecting the pins of your Pic chip is to fit the Pic into a turned pin dil socket - not soldered to a board or anything, just fitted to the pic chip.
That has strong legs that can be easily plugged into other sockets, in circuit, or in a programmer fitted with a standard dil socket or a zif.

Hello, my friends, is attached a layout of the zif socket for recording in PICkit2. hugs. I hope that is what you want?

can this be used for pickit 3 also ?

Status
Not open for further replies.