Not open for further replies.

bio_man

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to design a PCB circuit that receives 1GHz from an antenna through SMA connector and convert the RF signal to differential outputs RF+ and RF-.
Basically, I have SMA connector (50ohms) followed by BALUN (to provide differential output signals: RF+ and RF-), PCB will be fabricated using FR4 material.
The issue I'm facing, most of the BALUNs are primary/secondary, I can't find ones that have a secondary side with center tapped to provide RF+ and RF-

Any suggestions with this regards?

A balanced port doesn't need center tap. The signal is self balancing with symmetrical load. Nevertheless center tap may be wanted in some situations. If you consider operation with unbalanced load, a complete 3- port s parameter specification is required to predict the behaviour. What's the intended balanced port impedance?

attached here a quick block diagram. RF+ and RF- need to be generated by the BALUN and passed to two rectifiers (with high impedance), matching circuit will be designed to match the rectifier input with the Balun impedance. So, I understand from your comment that I only need to take the two sides of the secondary of the Balun and they can be considered as RF+ and RF- ?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 133

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…