Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB layout for 1GHz Balun

Status
Not open for further replies.

bio_man

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to design a PCB circuit that receives 1GHz from an antenna through SMA connector and convert the RF signal to differential outputs RF+ and RF-.
Basically, I have SMA connector (50ohms) followed by BALUN (to provide differential output signals: RF+ and RF-), PCB will be fabricated using FR4 material.
The issue I'm facing, most of the BALUNs are primary/secondary, I can't find ones that have a secondary side with center tapped to provide RF+ and RF-

Any suggestions with this regards?

A balanced port doesn't need center tap. The signal is self balancing with symmetrical load. Nevertheless center tap may be wanted in some situations. If you consider operation with unbalanced load, a complete 3- port s parameter specification is required to predict the behaviour. What's the intended balanced port impedance?

attached here a quick block diagram. RF+ and RF- need to be generated by the BALUN and passed to two rectifiers (with high impedance), matching circuit will be designed to match the rectifier input with the Balun impedance. So, I understand from your comment that I only need to take the two sides of the secondary of the Balun and they can be considered as RF+ and RF- ?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 132

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back