Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB holders for under the microscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

walters

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are some holders for PCB?

The only one i have found is PanaVise 324 Electronic Work Center
https://www.amazon.com/PanaVise-324...PNBU/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1336624661&sr=8-9

The Microscope at my job doesn't have any room to put a Panavise or clamp to hold the PCB board down so it doesn't move

Right now when I'm soldering under the microscope the PCB keeps moving up and down and side to side I can't get it to stay sit

What can I use please?

Another problem is that my soldering iron when pointing straight up is to long to be in between the working area of the microscopes working area

It's very hard to keep the soldering iron at an angle because the shaft of the soldering iron starts to melt the SMT packages of other components or you can't get your soldering tip on the right pad that you're soldering so you need to point the soldering iron straight up or at 2 o clock angle but you can't do that because the microscopes lens or you will hit the microscope area

Most soldering irons are about 8inchs in length

the bottom working area of the microscope to the Magnifier lens is 3 to 4 inches

My soldering iron keeps hitting the magnifier lens so i can't point the soldering iron at a higher angle to get at the pads

IS that what you use when soldering under a microscope? is a curved tip?

It allows you to hold the iron at an angle so it will fit between the magnifier and the PCB but then the tip can be angled towards the PCB for soldering.

Keith

yes i have seen those curved angle tips

Do you know anything that can hold PCB boards in place from not moving?

I simply use a small bench vice with an adjustable angled head and plastic jaws.

Keith

what is this and who makes one? linked PCB holders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back